Certified Master Dog Trainer (reg 009-1005)
CMDT (REG 009-1005)
Dogs: Frodo, Atty, Dozer, Guinness, Teddy and Vader
Jaime has always had a love and understanding of all animals, but a special place in her heart has always belonged to dogs. She has been professionally training and handling all breeds and temperaments of dogs since 1998. Jaime took her love of dogs to the next level in 1999 and became a Certified Master Dog Trainer, attending Canada West Canine Centre and graduating among the top in her class. She attends ongoing seminars and is constantly updating her education to broaden her knowledge as she believes you never stop learning when working with animals.
Jaime has experience competing in CKC obedience and conformation and has earned titles on several breeds of dogs. She has trained and handled dogs for television and major motion pictures. Her own dog Atty has obtained her IPO BH title, PSA PDC-SD title and is a validated patrol and narcotic detection K9. Jaime is a validated explosive detection K9 handler, validated narcotics detection K9 handler and a validated security patrol K9 handler.
Jaime shares her life with Frodo (Yorkie x Chihuahua), Atty (Belgium Malinios), Dozer (Pitty x), Guinness (GSD x ACD), Teddy (all Canadian mutt!), Jake (senior super shelter kitty extraordinaire), her 2 wonderful step children Hannah and Ethan and partner Lee.
Her resume includes:
- Owner and Head Instructor - Good Dog Academy Inc.
- Senior Trainer - Good Dog Wellness Inc. - obedience training and behaviour problem solving at all levels
- Diploma in Canine Behavioral Science and Technology (Dip CBST). For more information about this rigorous two year program, click here: http://www.casinstitute.com/cbst.html
- CCPDT - KA - independent certification body measuring range of knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique and instruction.
- Certified Master Dog Trainer - Canada West Canine Center
- Court qualified expert in the assessment and rehabilitation of aggressive dogs - 2013 - ongoing
- DogSafe Canine First Aid Level 1 and Level 2
- Director of Vancouver PSA - Dog Sport Club
- CKC Canine Good Neighbor Evaluator
- Consultant, trainer and behavior technologist
- Police Dog Training Centre Certified - Florida by IFRI/NFSTC standards
- Animal Behavior and Training Associates Inc. Certified
- Licensed Be a Tree Presenter: The Be a Tree program is a dog bite prevention seminar program for school aged children. This program focuses on fun and interactive activities to teach children how to read dog body language and how to act safely around their own dog and dogs they don’t know.
- Graduate of Karen Pryor’s Shelter Training and Enrichment Program
- Currently offers shelter dog assessments and teaches dog safety and body language seminars for animal shelter staff
Certified Professional Dog Trainer & Small Animal Massage Practitioner
Dogs: Jetta, Stella, Rogue, Viggo & Whip
Heather's passion for dogs has inspired a career working with dogs that is based on a natural ability to understand and work with animals, a diverse background of experience and a foundation of formal education in many facets of the dog industry. Heather has been actively working in the dog industry for 16 years. In those years, she has had the privilege to learn from different animal professionals, with diverse experience in the field as follows:
Owner - Good Dog Wellness Inc., including Good Dog Ranch & Spa: Daycare, Boarding, Training of all levels and types as well as Good Dog Academy Instructor
Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers - Knowledge Assessed: independent certification body measuring range of knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique and instruction. To keep this designation, Heather has to maintain a standard of ongoing education approved by the CCPDT, ensuring that her skills are current with high industry standards.
- DOGSAFE Canine First Aid Certified - Level 1 and Level 2
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT, PPSEC Certified Ben Kersen, graduated top of her class)
- Currently enrolled in Brenda Aloff’s online Academy, focusing on exploring science-based dog training theory
- City of Coquitlam Bylaw and Animal Control Kennel Attendant
- City of Coquitlam Dog Trainer (taught all City of Coquitlam Obedience classes and Dog Body Language workshops)
- City of Coquitlam Shelter dog behaviour consultant (created & facilitated training programs for difficult dogs)
- City of Coquitlam Shelter Volunteer Educator (seminars and individual training on volunteer safety, dog handling and training skills)
- Animal Massage Practitioner (SAMP designation - Northwest School of Animal Massage)
- Professional pet groomer (dogs and cats at busy professional grooming salon)
- Veterinary technician/assistant (in clinic trained for performing medical procedures and assisting in surgeries specializing in x-ray and restraint of aggressive animals)
Heather personally owns five rescue dogs. Through her own pack of adopted dogs, she has proven that no matter what background a dog has had, you can bring each individual dog to their full potential with consistent leadership and good training.
Heather's diverse background is the driving force behind the unique, customized way that she approaches all of the dogs that she trains, and the dogs she cares for at the Good Dog Ranch & Spa. With a strong understanding that every dog/human team is unique, she strives to help bring back the fun in that relationship at the same time establishing a healthy working bond based on mutual respect.
Certified Professional Dog Trainer
Vanessa’s passion for animals was obvious from a very young age and she is a devoted dog lover. Vanessa has worked with dogs for over 7 years, and has a natural talent in understanding their needs. Vanessa has a diverse background in dealing with all types of dogs.
- Owner - Good Dog Wellness Inc., including Good Dog Ranch & Spa: Daycare, Boarding, Training of all levels and types as well as Good Dog Academy
- Good Dog Training (Dog Trainer for all levels of obedience and behaviour modification training)
- CCPDT - KA. Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers - Knowledge Assessed: independent certification body measuring range of knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique and instruction. To keep this designation, Vanessa has to maintain a standard of ongoing education approved by the CCPDT, ensuring that her skills are current with high industry standards.
- Canadian Kennel Club - Canine Good Neighbour Evaluator
- DOGSAFE Canine First Aid Certified - Level 1 and Level 2
- City of Coquitlam Animal Shelter volunteer dog trainer (training and rehabilitation of difficult dogs)
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT, PPSEC certified, Ben Kersen, graduated top of her class)
- Volunteer dog walker at the SPCA (red level volunteer, worked with difficult cases)
Each dog she works with is trained with a unique approach based on their circumstances, but it is always based on helping owners gain confidence in their relationship with their dogs. Though she has completed formal training, she believes that learning is a lifelong endeavour and plans to always continue with her education.
Vanessa owns a German Shepherd and has trained her from 8 weeks old to an Advanced level of training. Vanessa also shares her life with her daughters Olivia & Molly and her husband Jerry.
Certified Professional Dog Trainer
Dogs: Shade, Dot CGN & Gunner SOG, CW-SD, CW-SP, TDN, TDI, TDA
Karen has always had a love for animals and a particular interest in working with dogs. Her interest in becoming a Certified Professional Dog Trainer was inspired by overcoming behavioural hurdles with her Shepherd mix, Shade, 8 years ago. Karen loves working all her dogs in a variety of avenues such as Agility, Obedience, Nose Work, Rally-O & Tricks.
Karen believes in building a strong relationship and bond with your dog through structure, fun, leadership and mutual respect.
- Good Dog Training (Dog Trainer of obedience, sport detection & behaviour modification training)
- Good Dog Academy Instructor
- Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers - Knowledge Assessed: independent certification body measuring range of knowledge and skills in ethology, learning theory, dog training technique and instruction. To keep this designation, Karen has to maintain a standard of ongoing education approved by the CCPDT, ensuring that her skills are current with high industry standards.
- Graduate of The Brenda Aloff Academy “The Engaged Dog” Program
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT, PCTIA Certified, Good Dog Academy, graduated top of her class)
- DOGSAFE Canine First Aid Level 1 & 2 Certified
BC Provincial Instructor Diploma
Geri has always had an eye for details and planning. Combining her love of dogs with education and experience has made her role as Curriculum Developer and Administrator at Good Dog Academy the perfect career.
Achieving her BC Provincial Instructor Diploma in 2012 gave her the tools necessary to help pull together the knowledge and experience of the Professional Dog Trainer team at Good Dog and create industry leading courses and programs.
Geri became an owner of Good Dog Academy in 2016.